Alexandria City Hall
  • Erected on the site designated for the market and city hall when Alexandria was founded in 1749.
  • That hall burned in 1871, necessitating construction of the current building, designed by Adolph Cluss.
  • Originally, City Hall also housed the Masonic Lodge, court facility, and police and fire stations. Markets Stalls were located on the first floors of the west and north wings and in the courtyard. Today, only City offices remain

Alexandria City Hall

Alexandria City Hall Marker  

 
Return to Markers

 


Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
Contact our Webmaster for any issues about our site.
Last update March 1, 2010